:: [Dng] udev: File hwdb.bin is alway…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Irrwahn
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Régi témák: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development
Tárgy: [Dng] udev: File hwdb.bin is always being reported to be missing
[ Ref. git.devuan.org/jaretcantu/eudev/issues/2 ]

Hello Jaret,

since I cannot comment on git.devuan.org I'll try here instead.

I believe udev is complaining about the missing hwdb.bin file,
because it is not present in the _initramfs_. Thus, a simple
udevadm hwdb --update won't suffice, you'd also have to put it
in the initramfs to silence udev.

A tiny little bit of research indicates that this "error" can
presumably safely be ignored, since it was likely meant to be
more of a debug message.

Regards,
Urban