:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Página Principal
Autor: Jaret Cantu
Para: dng
Tópicos Novos: [Dng] udev: File hwdb.bin is always being reported to be missing
Assunto: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development
> Yes. I am on Debian wheezy. I think I always mention that.
Probably did. I am just forgetful, tried, and always assuming that
everyone on the Devuan list is at least striving for Jessie. I know it
is a very incorrect assumption to make, but I can't seem to help
myself. Still haven't coffeed today.

> There are actually more lines need to have /usr/sbin otherwise I get
> more errors when I tried to start udev.
>
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev stop
> [ ok ] Stopping the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev start
> /etc/init.d/udev: 191: /etc/init.d/udev: udevadm: not found
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#
>
> <change line 191 to add /usr/sbin>
>
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev start
> [....] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd/etc/init.d/udev:
> 197: /etc/init.d/udev: udevd: not found
> [warn] 127 ... (warning).
> [warn] Waiting 15 seconds and trying to continue anyway ... (warning).
>
> [....] Synthesizing the initial hotplug events.../etc/init.d/udev:
> 206: /etc/init.d/udev: udevadm: not found
> failed.
> [....] Waiting for /dev to be fully populated.../etc/init.d/udev: 216:
> /etc/init.d/udev: udevadm: not found
> done (timeout).
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#
>
> <change line 197, 206 and 216 to add /usr/sbin>
>
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev start
> [ ok ] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
> [ ok ] Synthesizing the initial hotplug events...done.
> [ ok ] Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...done.
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#

Ooooooh, did I only fix that in one place in the repo?

I had done some editing to my files after installing.

PATH="/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"

Probably not a wise decision. I just threw in the one absolute path
since that is what was stopping me from booting (since it appeared
before the modified PATH, which I had added earlier).

I haven't done a completely fresh Devuan install yet since getting eudev
building, but hey, it built and it booted (even if it was without sound
at first). That meets Linus's golden standard, right?

Okay, adding the full paths for the udevd calls.

Thanks for being a guinea pig/validation intern,
Jaret Cantu