:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Góra strony
Autor: Anto
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development

On 17/05/15 18:17, Anto wrote:

> On 17/05/15 16:11, Jaret Cantu wrote:
>>
>> Oh my, are you using Wheezy? This is supposed to be for Jessie -- I
>> have no clue what would happen if you tried installing this on an
>> older version.
>>
>> eudev didn't even exist at udev version 175, so there should be no
>> equivalent version to drop in. I would recommend just using what
>> Wheezy already provides.
>> If you upgrade to Jessie/Devuan, then this eudev is a good idea. I
>> haven't even looked into Stretch? yet.
>>

> Hello Jaret,
>
> The problem is indeed in the install script.
>
> It always gives the following error.
>
> Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/udev-finish ...
> [ ok ] Stopping the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
> [....] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd/etc/init.d/udev:
> 244: /etc/init.d/udev: udevd: not found
> failed!
> invoke-rc.d: initscript udev, action "restart" failed.
>

> When I changed line 244 of /etc/init.d/udev from
>
> 243     log_daemon_msg "Starting the hotplug events dispatcher" "udevd"
> 244     if udevd --daemon; then
> 245         log_end_msg $?

> into
>
> 243     log_daemon_msg "Starting the hotplug events dispatcher" "udevd"
> 244     if /usr/sbin/udevd --daemon; then
> 245         log_end_msg $?

> I can restart udevas below
>
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev restart
> [ ok ] Stopping the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
> [ ok ] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
> root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#
>
> I tested that on the install using Devuan merged repository. I will
> try to make it work on Debian wheezy as that is my ultimate goal in
> using eudev package.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anto

There are actually more lines need to have /usr/sbin otherwise I get
more errors when I tried to start udev.

root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev stop
[ ok ] Stopping the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#
root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev start
/etc/init.d/udev: 191: /etc/init.d/udev: udevadm: not found
root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#

<change line 191 to add /usr/sbin>

root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev start
[....] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd/etc/init.d/udev:
197: /etc/init.d/udev: udevd: not found
[warn] 127 ... (warning).
[warn] Waiting 15 seconds and trying to continue anyway ... (warning).

[....] Synthesizing the initial hotplug events.../etc/init.d/udev: 206:
/etc/init.d/udev: udevadm: not found
failed.
[....] Waiting for /dev to be fully populated.../etc/init.d/udev: 216:
/etc/init.d/udev: udevadm: not found
done (timeout).
root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#

<change line 197, 206 and 216 to add /usr/sbin>

root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/udev start
[ ok ] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
[ ok ] Synthesizing the initial hotplug events...done.
[ ok ] Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...done.
root@d945gclf:/etc/init.d#