Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development
On 05/17/2015 08:51 AM, David Hare wrote:
> Running (Devuan-based-) Jessie. Here, eudev 3.0.0 installs and runs
> successfully using Dimitri's debian/ with some modifications. It
> builds also on 2.1.1 source like that. I have also made a working
> live-image, proving it live-boot compatible.
>
> Debs and sources are posted here:
> http://exegnulinux.net/nosystemd/pool/main/e/eudev/ .. The main
> outstanding issue is how to cleanly purge old udev conffiles preinst,
> other than manually (the initscripts at least must be purged first)

I do everything from a debootstrap, so I'll leave live images and the
like to others.

I actually didn't have to worry about conffiles; since I am based on the
Jessie udev version and changed little, all of the conffiles are (should
be? I think I checked) the same when a user up/sidegrades. Also, (e)udev
sticks so much stuff under /lib instead of /etc that there are not even
a lot considered conffiles to get updated.

The only "conf"file that is any different in my eudev systemd fork is a
one-line change in the udev initscript. (I love that an executable is
considered a configuration file.)

I don't know if you should purge conffiles on an install, anyway. Isn't
that kind of the point in checksumming them and treating them
differently than other files in a package install? That they won't get
blown away? I guess I don't quite know the precedent on this.

~jaret