:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaret Cantu
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development
On 05/17/2015 09:20 AM, David Hare wrote:
> The problem is: installing "eudev" in init.d because it provides
> "udev" which already exists. Installing the dummy udev (needed to
> satisfy deps of other packages) does not remove existing conffiles.
>
> At least, with the way I did it, which I'm not saying is necessarily
> the best.

I certainly know my way isn't the best: laziness~!

I looked into finding a way to make eudev provide the udev packages
elegantly and instead went with the stupid approach of "Everything eudev
now!" I mean, there is no such thing as libeudev, right?

Everything is still just named udev, after all, so I can justify my
sloth at least a little.

Hmm, looking at the "init" package, a "Pre-Depends: eudev |
systemd-udev" in a udev dummy package is probably the way to go. Or
maybe that only works for sysvinit since its conffiles are in a separate
package.

Here's some food for thought: https://wiki.debian.org/ConfigPackages

Too little sleep and too little coffee to worry about this right now.
Devuan didn't happen to defect any legit former Debian maintainers who
are a bit better with this sort of arcana, did it?

~jaret