:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Página Principal
Autor: Jaret Cantu
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development
On 05/17/2015 08:19 AM, Anto wrote:
> anto@d945gclf:~/packages/devuan-eudev-1.9$ git-buildpackage
> gbp:error: You have uncommitted changes in your source tree:
> gbp:error: # On branch master
> # Changes not staged for commit:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
> directory)
> #
> #    modified:   configure.ac
> #    modified:   man/udev.xml
> #    modified:   man/udevadm.xml
> #    modified:   rules/50-udev-default.rules
> #    modified:   rules/60-cdrom_id.rules
> #    modified:   rules/60-persistent-storage.rules
> #    modified:   rules/80-drivers-modprobe.rules
> #    modified:   rules/80-drivers.rules
> #    modified:   src/gudev/Makefile.am
> #    modified:   src/libudev/Makefile.am
> #    modified:   src/libudev/libudev-hwdb.c
> #    modified:   src/libudev/libudev.sym
> #    modified:   src/udev/udev.conf
> #    modified:   src/udev/udevadm-hwdb.c
> #
> # Untracked files:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
> #
> #    .pc/
> no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

> gbp:error: Use --git-ignore-new to ignore.
> anto@d945gclf:~/packages/devuan-eudev-1.9$

Yeah, git-buildpackage is picky like that. It wants a clean tree to
build from (unless you pass it some arguments to say that you are okay
with the filth).

debclean && git reset --hard HEAD should get to you to where you need to
be. Pretty much, if your git status says anything but "nothing to
commit, working directory clean", it will give you a hard time.

> However, the compilation using dpkg-buildpackage still fails with the
> error related to udevadm.
>
> .
> <cut>
> .
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/anto/packages/devuan-eudev-1.9'
> # remove unnecessary / unused files
> rm -f debian/install/*/usr/share/doc/eudev/LICENSE.*
> rm -f debian/install/*/var/log/README
> rm -f debian/install/*/etc/init.d/README
> rm -f debian/install/*/usr/share/man/man8/kernel-install.8
> rm -f debian/install/*/usr/bin/kernel-install
> rm -rf debian/install/*/usr/lib/kernel/install.d
> rm -rf debian/install/*/etc/rpm/
> rm -rf debian/install/*/usr/lib/rpm/
> rm -rf debian/install/*/etc/kernel/
> find debian/install/ -name '*.la' -delete
> dh_install -pudev-udeb -plibudev1-udeb --sourcedir=debian/install/udeb
> dh_install -Nudev-udeb -Nlibudev1-udeb --sourcedir=debian/install/deb
> --fail-missing
> dh_install: usr/sbin/udevadm exists in debian/install/deb but is not
> installed to anywhere
> dh_install: missing files, aborting
> make[1]: *** [override_dh_install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/anto/packages/devuan-eudev-1.9'
> make: *** [binary] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
> status 2
> anto@d945gclf:~/packages/devuan-eudev-1.9$
>

> Please let me know if you needed additional informations or logs.

Yeah, I just caught that a few hours ago, probably shortly after you
cloned. I can't believe that file has to be specified twice; you think
a symlink in the .links file should be enough. I suppose there is a
reason, but I am learning all of these Debian packaging stuff as I go.

git pull and you'll be fine.

Good/better luck,
Jaret