:: Re: [Squatconf] Squatconf 2, Kickof…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: null_radix
A: squatconf
Assumpte: Re: [Squatconf] Squatconf 2, Kickoff
Well may is past. Any updates on this?

On 2015-01-27 12:12, Jérôme Loï wrote:
> Hi there, Some of us started to talk about the 2nd edition of

squatconf, and this mailing list if a perfect point to start a broader
discussion about it and share the infos for the one that was not there

> what was actually talked about :
>
> Location :
>
> - BARCELONA
> - Amsterdam (ping realitygaps, webmind)
> - London (ping joates)
>
> i would favour Barcelona, but finding the venue is the biggest issue

there so let's see

> Date / duration :
>
> - may (2-05-2015 t/m 10-05-2015 <-- dutch holiday week)
> - june
>
> May would require more work, since it is closer but would fit

Amsterdam perfectly
> June would give a bit more time
>
> August is definitely out for obvious CCC reasons
>
> Now the biggest question is who would we love to have on board !
>
> obviously the whole previous gang, but as started i would add
>
> - Pieter Hintjens
> - Vinay Gupta
> - non pure tech talks
>
> Duration
>
> I would love 2 days, one felt really short
>
> Cool things to have for this edition
>
> - More space for housing people (speakers/attendee)
> - workshops
>
> to add to the discussion here is what from an organisation pov worked

or not in the first edition

> worked well
>
> - speakers (I'm still amazed by what happened )
> - no schedule nor organisation =)
> - venue
> - venue location
> - venue size / attendee
> - number of attendee
> - speakers hosting
> - piggy backing a big event (thanks dot.js ^^)
>
> didn't work / not implemented
>
> - speaker hosting (not enough room/speaker !! but i loved it so much)
> - attendee hosting / help to host
> - workshops
> - interaction with the squat (they gave us more than we gave back we

should help hack squats !)
> - speaker fee taken care of
> - goodies
> - releasing the videos
>
> thing that magically worked
>
> - wifi (thanks to leloop the hangar wifi infrastructure worked like a

charm)
> - video (joepie magic inside)
> - after hacking at the loop
>
> these point are to take in account for the next edition but i won't go

into detail for now.

> the rest is up to us .
>
> /discuss
>
> PS : it is also this mailing list kick off mail so hello and welcome

to all !
> PS2 : since most of the people here helped in a way or another

organising the first one, so thanks again for that and see you all soon
for the next ones