:: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update (2015-05-03)
On Wed, 13 May 2015 23:24:42 -0400
Jude Nelson <judecn@???> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have the latest news for vdev:
>
> * vdev now creates symlinks for:
> -- /dev/v4l/by-path
> -- /dev/disk/by-partuuid
> -- /dev/disk/by-partlabel

Thank you Jude. It's astounding what you've been able to accomplish.

> * the initramfs hook conditionally pulls in iproute2, lvm, dmsetup,
> blkid, etc.

I can think of few things more brain taxing than writing a program to
tweak a RAM filesystem and accompanying init script that will be used
on the *next* boot. Troubleshooting and experimentation must be a slow
process, with boots intervening. Even on a VM on a fast host.

> [For Next Time]
>
> * The next immediate objective is to package vdevd for Devuan, to
> make it easier to test (in particular, easier to get a working
> initramfs).

Could you please make sure that there's a way for us Qemu users to use
it? I don't know whether I'm the only one, but Vagrant errors out on my
Debian Wheezy machine. So I'm still using the Valentine edition.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2015 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz