:: Re: [Dng] Devuan - Fork or Derivati…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: T.J. Duchene
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Devuan - Fork or Derivative (or perhaps both)

With respect, Devuan is a fork. It was born not out a need to adapt Debian
for a particular use, but because Debian and Devuan deliberately parted
company over philosophical and practical problems: software maintenance and
committee politics. There is no healing that breach. Devuan and Debian are
just too different. Just because they have disagreements does not mean that
they have to be hostile. There is such a thing as agreeing to disagree, and
remaining civil or even friends. Devuan needs to go its own way, free of
systemd, but most importantly free of any need to be beholden to Debian's
way of doing things.

> This may also be a good marketing approach as well as reduce the
> hostility when we send bugreports and patches to debian.

Just politely give them the patches and reports. If they refuse them at
some point, then it is not Devuan's fault, but Debian's. Anyone is going to
be hostile, let it be Debian. I think that Devuan wants to, it can hold
itself to a higher standard. It need not get mired in the same bickering
that Debian does.

Just my two cents

T.J.