:: [Dng] Systemd discussions at LinuxQ…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: James Powell
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: [Dng] Systemd discussions at LinuxQuestions.
Unfortunately the moderators at LinuxQuestions have closed off discussing the Devuan stance topic that had been open and participate in over the repeated squabbling, though honestly, very little was done other than the people who seemed offended by the choice of Devuan's developers lack of choice of systemd, and unwillingness to stop asking about funding and other repeatedly defended arguments which turned the discussion of Devuan into a defense of Devuan.

Just to make it known, the LQ staff have not taken kindly to systemd topics since many of the pro-systemd crowd seem to act more in attacking the stance of being anti-systemd rather than the principles of being anti-systemd for software sanity reasons. Very little real discussion of systemd's merits and technicals (if topics even can be soundly made) ever seems to go anywhere due to the crowd there.

This is unfortunate but due to the fact several staff members are from the pro-systemd camp, and the fact the staff have made their decisions on those topics, any discussion is probably going to continually go in that same direction, and topics will go nowhere on that forum when that topic is brought up.

I though I'd let you all know before going to the LinuxQuestions topic and finding it locked out.

-Jim

Sent from my Windows Phone