:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Top Pagina
Auteur: James Powell
Aan: Jaret Cantu, dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development

> And on the other side, anything actually committed by the author means
> it is part of/a fix for eudev development alone. Here's an example of
> such a commit:
>
> https://github.com/gentoo/eudev/commit/93fc111c3c701a588f6ba7c39e514f8ffec425a4
>
> Fix builds on gcc 4.5? Yeah, I can see systemd scoffing at that. I
> almost want to, too!
> I suppose there is nothing which would prevent systemd from taking fixes
> from eudev if they wanted them.

>From previous dealings with the systemd developers and monitoring how they look at bugs, they often will scoff at and ignore issues with older systems and software claiming that it's either not a bug or not worth fixing things for outdated software.

I think the eudev developers are importing relevant-only code as needed, and fixing the rest as they find problems, and ignoring the garbage. At least we know where the real talent is.

There's an old rule of thumb about coding piss poor software, and it's straight out of the Microsoft Bible oddly. "Never let bad and poorly written code compound upon itself."