:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Anto
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development

On 07/05/15 12:48, Anto wrote:

> On 07/05/15 11:47, Svante Signell wrote:
>> On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 11:05 +0200, Anto wrote:
>>> 3. Change debian/changelog and debian/rules
>> I think you need to add Replaces: in debian/control at selected packages
>> to install properly.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I will look into that.

Adding "Replaces:" into debian/control does not actually help.

I think the main problem is that the version 3.0 of udev and libudev1 on
eudev package is considered much older than the versions expected by a
lot of packages that depend on them. For instance, libdevmapper1.02.1
which is currently installed, requires libudev1 (>= 183).

To test that, I did a quick and dirty work around by setting the version
of eudev package to 216-1, so that it is higher than the version of udev
and libudev1 that were installed before, i.e. version 215-17. I could
install udev, libudev1 and libeudev1 but not eudev package. The
following are the last view messages on the eudev installation.

.
.
created empty file '/run/udev/data/n1' for '/devices/virtual/net/lo'
[ ok ] Stopping the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
[....] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevdstarting version 3.0
IMPORT{builtin}: 'blkid' unknown
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage-dm.rules:23
. ok
Populating the new /dev filesystem temporarily mounted on
/tmp/udev.DRPQmo/...
inotify_add_watch(5, /dev/sda, 10) failed: No such file or directory
inotify_add_watch(5, /dev/sda1, 10) failed: No such file or directory
inotify_add_watch(5, /dev/sda2, 10) failed: No such file or directory
inotify_add_watch(5, /dev/sdb, 10) failed: No such file or directory
inotify_add_watch(5, /dev/sda3, 10) failed: No such file or directory
inotify_add_watch(5, /dev/sdb1, 10) failed: No such file or directory
[ ok ] Stopping the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
[....] Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevdstarting version 3.0
IMPORT{builtin}: 'blkid' unknown
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage-dm.rules:23
. ok
[ ok ] Stopping enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
[ ok ] Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported;
falling back to defaults
insserv: script eudev: service udev already provided!
insserv: exiting now!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing package eudev (--install):
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.120) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-4-amd64
  eudev
root@d945gclf:/home/anto/packages/eudev#
root@d945gclf:/home/anto/packages/eudev# dpkg -l | grep udev
iF  eudev 216-1+devuan                     amd64        /dev/ and
hotplug management daemon
ii  libeudev1:amd64 216-1+devuan                     amd64
libeudev shared library
ii  libudev1 216-1+devuan                     all          transitional
dummy package for libeudev1
ii  udev 216-1+devuan                     all          transitional
dummy package for eudev
root@d945gclf:/home/anto/packages/eudev#

Could anyone suggest me how to debug this further?

Cheers,

Anto