著者: Jaret Cantu
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
題目: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?
On 05/06/2015 01:16 AM, Jude Nelson wrote:
> I think the plan is to address needless dependencies and lock-in in a
> more general way, via the constitution
> (https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/DevuanConstitution).
> Sections 2.2 and 9.10 are meant to alleviate this problem--not just
> for systemd, but for all software package suites that get included.

I really do try to be general and say "init systems" instead of focusing
on systemd, but it is really hard to keep up when one can't think of
another piece of software with claws as deep as systemd's.

... Glib2, maybe...

> You may be interested to know that uselessd is effectively dead in the
> water. The original uselessd author has since given up
> (https://forums.darknedgy.net/viewtopic.php?id=4963). Someone else
> seems to have taken over, but I haven't heard anything about its
> subsequent progress (last repository commit is January 6:
> https://bitbucket.org/Tarnyko/uselessd).

I did kinda get that impression from the wasteland of a website, but
getting confirmation does sting a bit.

> I'm personally not opposed to someone taking up maintenance of
> uselessd and packaging it in a way that it conforms to Devuan's
> constitution :) The problem is, we'd need to find someone with the
> time, skill, and willpower to do it. That person is not me. I barely
> have enough time to work on vdev as it is :(

It has been on my radar for a while. Or more accurately, at the bottom
of my To-Do Tower. It is one of those things that is hard to get
motivated to do when I personally know I'll never use it on a real system.
Prolly would rank a middling effort in terms of my revenge programming
projects. Maybe I just need fewer revenge projects in my To-Do Tower?
uselessd would at least give me an excuse to learn some of the black
magic what am systemd. (Last time I encountered a board with systemd on
it, I wound up booting it to NFS instead just so I could get the ssh
service properly auto-starting; it was a SOM without serial on the
carrier board, so "Why didn't you just run sshd?" is not a proper response.)

~jaret