:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

On 06/05/15 00:04, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 11:53:30AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>> Before we get too deeply into this whole thing, what was the original
>> question? What exact thing are we arguing whether or not to include in
>> Devuan?
> Whether or not we need to rebuild packages that have .service files so
> they will not be installed.
> A .service file is a configuration file exactly analogous to an init
> script.
>
> I would argue that a configuration file is not enough justification for
> a rebuild in itself unless it trigggers harmful behavior, and the proper
> solution for those who want to be shed of them is to create a trigger for
> dpkg which will run "rm -rf /etc/systemd"...
>
> HTH,
> Isaac Dunham

Thanks Isaac,

That is what I am currently doing every time I see those directories
being created after I install new packages. I actually also do "rm -rf
/lib/systemd".

Since I started to re-compile some packages, I thought to remove that
completely from those packages as I don't want to use systemd.

Cheers,

Anto