:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: Miles Fidelman
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?
On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 05:34:19PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:

[cut]

> >I meant "we should live with the fact that systemd is not unpluggable"
> >:)
>
> Nicely put. But do you draw any implication from that vis-a-vis
> supporting systemd in Devuan? (I certainly do :-)

If it was up to me (and it is not), I would make no effort at all in
trying to have systemd in Devuan, since I believe there is no point in
doing that. There is already a Debian with systemd, and is called
Debian, while some great people out there are working hard to give us
a Debian *without* systemd, which will be called Devuan. And the work
of those people has been made extremely difficult by the fact that
systemd is not designed to be pluggable on and off, and the systemd
developers keep answering "won't fix" to any request for compatibility
with other init system and low-level system daemons. They are
definitely determined to go their way, whatever the cost of it,
because they think that systemd is "right and technically sound".

So why should we waste man-power on allowing to use systemd in a
distribution whose first aim and motivation is to provide a
systemd-free GNU/Linux?!?!?

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]