:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: KatolaZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Hendrik Boom
Kopio: dng
Uudet otsikot: [Dng] why someone might want systemd on devuan
Aihe: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?
On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 12:35:57PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 11:49:34AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > Hi Noel,
> >
> > Having any systemd-equipped Devuan packages means that I need to always
> > be on my guard to prevent systemd from sneaking in.
>
> Could segregate the packages by putting them in another category, so
> we'd have free, contrib, nonfree, systemd, ...

But guys, I thought that the challenge over here was to have a
systemd-free system to start with, or not? I thought that there were a
bunch of people out there trying their best to eradicate systemd from
debian packages, making a lot of work to repackage everything as
Devuan, a new systemd-free distribution...Or am I mistaken?

IMHO anybody who wants systemd has plenty of good alternatives to
choose from, without waiting for a new systemd-free GNU/Linux
distribution to become usable. After all, what's the point of
stubbornly wanting a systemd-free distro if in the end you are going
to use systemd anyway?

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]