:: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anto
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Which package generates /lib/systemd and /etc/systemd files?

On 05/05/15 13:48, Noel Torres wrote:

> Didier Kryn <kryn@???> escribió:
>
> [...]
>>     I bet every service daemon package would now provide a .service
>> file, just like everyone used to provide an init script. As far as I
>> understand, the .service files are the systemd counterpart of
>> sysvinit scripts. I imagine it is just enough to remove the file from
>> the package; it would be usefull only to systemd.

>>     Didier

> There is no reason to remove them. That would be a Delta that we must
> maintain package over package, version after version. Just allow them
> to be there, unused.
>
> Please remember that our objective is not to forbid nor impede usage
> of systemd. A Devuan user might quite well **CHOOSE** to use systemd
> (well, not for the first version that we will launch without systemd
> at all). Our objective is to allow freedom. It would be wonderful if
> all packages provides start/stop scripts for all init systems.
>
> Regards
>
> Noel
> er Envite

Hello Noel,

I think I have a good reason to want to have them removed. I hate them :)

I don't think Devuan should provide the option to use systemd. Why
should it? The decision in Debian to default the init system to systemd
is the main reason to fork Debian in the first place. And the users who
want systemd are better of using Debian instead of Devuan.

On my particular case, I want to have that cron.service file gone as
that is the main reason for me to re-compile it.

Cheers,

Anto