:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development

On 05/05/15 01:27, Anto wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> As I mentioned on
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20150504.064731.04c39de7.en.html, in
> my Devuan installation via debootstrap, I had to include
> init-system-helpers in order to complete the installation. After the
> installation, I purged init-system-helpers but that forced me to
> remove cron, logrotate, openssh-server, rsyslog, and ssh packages.
>
> After I had a look on the source of those 5 packages, I actually just
> need to re-compile cron, openssh and rsyslog. The logrotate was
> removed as it depends on cron and it does not seem to be "infected",
> so I didn't compile it.
>
> I did a "very dirty" method to manually strip anything related to
> systemd that I could find on debian directory under those source
> packages' directory. I could successfully compile and install them as
> below:
>
> root@d945gclf:~# dpkg -l | egrep "cron|openssh| ssh |logrotate|rsyslog"
> ii  cron 3.0pl1-127-devuan                amd64        process
> scheduling daemon
> ii  logrotate 3.8.7-1+b1                       amd64        Log
> rotation utility
> ii  openssh-client 1:6.7p1-5-devuan                 amd64 secure shell
> (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
> ii  openssh-server 1:6.7p1-5-devuan                 amd64 secure shell
> (SSH) server, for secure access from remote machines
> ii  openssh-sftp-server 1:6.7p1-5-devuan amd64        secure shell
> (SSH) sftp server module, for SFTP access from remote machines
> ii  rsyslog 8.4.2-1-devuan                   amd64        reliable
> system and kernel logging daemon
> ii  ssh 1:6.7p1-5-devuan                 all          secure shell
> client and server (metapackage)
> root@d945gclf:~#

> They look to be running alright.
>
> If you are interested to know what I did, please find the changes on
> cron, openssh and rsyslog packages that I have made on
> https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/patches/cron_rsyslog_openssh_patches_04May15.tar.gz.
>
> This encourages me to keep striping other packages. Perhaps it would
> be better if I could contribute to Devuan development instead of doing
> that for myself. But as I mentioned on other threads, I don't have any
> experience at all in Debian packaging so I don't actually know the
> rules related to that. If someone could suggest me what to do to get
> more involved in Devuan development, or perhaps to be my mentor, I
> would really appreciate that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anto

Just FYI. I just noticed that the changes that I have made seem to break
udev. It was not started after reboot- I have not investigate further,
but re-installing udev solve the problem. It seems that I have to
re-compile udev as well. But it looks more complicated as udev *is* in
systemd source.