:: Re: [Dng] Nice ideas for a clean, s…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alex 'AdUser' Z
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Nice ideas for a clean, secure and fast Operating System.

It's very specific distro, like this: http://www.projectatomic.io

>> each executable is statically linked
> follow the UNIX philosophy
> clean, secure

Nope.

> system loader is lilo

Oh great, it doesn't work properly even inside VM with virtio. Trivial
case. And what about UEFI installs?

> maybe a different format to ELF

It looks like "creating problems just because we can".

The rest of their terms looks contradictory too. If they think this will
work - they must prove it first with own solution. Most of really stupid
ideas will be thrown away during this process ...or will become obvious
to others.

P.S. If you just want sandboxing, use apparmor. It's most simple,
supported and proven solution for now. And unlike docker it has no
runtime/maintenance overhead.

--
-- Cheers, Alex.