:: Re: [Dng] Debian Dev: anti-systemd …
Góra strony
Autor: Philip Lacroix
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] Debian Dev: anti-systemd people hate women; thus respectable people should not support anti-systemd stance.
My response to Coker's ill-conceived rant is still "awaiting moderation"
on his blog. I'm posting it here verbatim:

Philip Lacroix
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
May 3, 2015 at 23:31

Dear Mr Coker

If your intention was to honestly analize the "social issue" related to
SystemD, then you trashed a good opportunity with your own hands, by
posting an ambiguous, childish, superficial and offensive statement
about users who dislike SystemD and allegedly "hate women". That was not
a very intelligent move on your part.

It doesn't make sense, now, to talk about "correlations" and try to say
that people have "misunderstood you". If you want to be involved in a
constructive conversation, then please don't post stupid things like
this in the first place, don't spread FUD, stop calling "hater" everyone
who doesn't agree with your opinion, and don't play the victim when
people respond to you accordingly. I've seen quite a bit of this on the
Internet, and it's always the same pattern.

Now what's next? Are we going to be informed that there's a correlation
between people who dislike SystemD and those who eat children, dance
with the Devil and drink turnip juice?

Support your SystemD init if you like it, but please refrain from
writing manipulative rants and insults about people who don't,
especially if they are doing something useful and constructive on their
own. Who are you to tell people what they should do? Who are you, for
instance, to denigrate the Devuan project, its volunteers, and
everything else that doesn't match your personal opinion about init
systems and project forks?

The Debian technical committee decided? OK, then let other people make
*their own* decisions, as the Debian committee is not the "axis mundi".

Best regards,
Philip Lacroix