:: Re: [Dng] I used Devuan's debootstr…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] I used Devuan's debootstrap and installed Devuan. :)

On 03/05/15 06:31, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> The command I used:
> debootstrap --arch amd64 jessie /mnt/sda8 http://packages.devuan.org/merged
>
> /mnt/sda8 is the partition where Devuan was installed.
>
> I will now start testing Devuan.

Hello Edward,

I also tried the installation from that Devuan merged repository using
the same debootstrap command line options. The ones you used actually
also pull libsystemd0, systemd and systemd-sysv. Perhaps you expect less
restrictions on systemd components in Devuan.

As for me, I think I have to wait a little bit longer until the Devuan
merged repository can provide more "cleaner" packages. I initially tried
to use the following debootstrap options.

debootstrap --arch=amd64 --include
linux-image-amd64,grub-pc,locales,console-setup,ssh
--exclude=libsystemd0,systemd,systemd-sysv,init-system-helpers jessie
/tmp/sda1 http://packages.devuan.org/merged

And I got below messages:

W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: See /tmp/sda1/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly the
package openssh-server is at fault)

The failure on openssh-server is due to the exclusion of
init-system-helpers because I don't get those messages when I removed
init-system-helpers from the exclusion list.

When I didn't include ssh I got below messages, which is also due to the
exclusion of init-system-helpers.

W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be re-attempted
up to five times.
W: See /tmp/sda1/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details (possibly the
package cron is at fault)

When I had a look on the sources on that Devuan merged repository, I
didn't see init-system-helpers on the debian/control files of both
openssh-server and cron. Perhaps their dependencies are the ones which
require init-system-helpers.

Cheers,

Anto