:: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates
Góra strony
Autor: Joerg Reisenweber
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates
On Sun 03 May 2015 11:15:45 Laurent Bercot wrote:
> I remember 10ish years ago, mount was actually /sbin/mount.
> It migrated to /bin at some point, probably, as you say, when the
> "user" mount option was added. I personally think that moving
> executables between places is a bad thing, and one of the reasons
> why I'm not a fan of /sbin.

Easy!
in your dream distro you have no directory tree at all and place *all* files
into root ;-) Never again you have to move a file to the place it belongs to
(just kidding). Unless you follow that radical approach, any sort of meta info
no matter which type attached to an item will eventually need update when the
semantics of the item changes.
Even in your dream distro without any path, don't tell me you won't *have*
*to* come up with another concept for attaching meta info alternative to path
names, and then you need to update that instead of "moving files"

/j