:: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates

Le 30/04/2015 20:16, John Morris a écrit :
> The FHS was carefully designed to accomodate things like NFS root,
> readonly NFS mounting of parts of the system, mandating things like
> */share/ to only contain arch neutral data, etc.

     The whole FH can be shared by NFS root, except /var, which cannot
be shared entirely and /run (formerly /var/run) which cannot be shared
at all - talking about Debian's FH.

     The problem is /var/lib which must be carefully separated in two
parts to distinguish applications which keep common data (eg apt) and
applications which keep hardware-related data (eg ntpd). Then a few
dirty tricks are necessary to make the two categories look like they are
all in /var/lib.

     I don't know if the question of sharing the FH through NFS is
seriously addressed by the FHS; but, if it is, it fails.

     Didier