:: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Joerg Reisenweber
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status updates
On Thu 30 April 2015 19:02:54 Laurent Bercot wrote:
> It would also shorten PATHs,
> which would be a definite blessing on some systems.

I guess - just like you said, and according to RFC2119 "SHOULD (NOT)" - you
could simply symlink /sbin to /bin on your system when there's a good reason
for doing so (I can't see where a shorter content of $PATH would be such
"blessing", but whatever) and you *know what you're doing*.

I completely agree on most you said, FHS is no STANDARD, it's just a best
practice. And best practice in all unix usually was to follow best practice
unless you have sound reasons to not do.
Probably discussing how much common sense is in FHS X.Y is fun but not really
helping.
What's however obvious is the systemd cabal not giving an flying F* about FHS
or best practice or sound rationale or anything, they simply push their own
concept as long as it promises to strengthen lock-in to their idea of future
linux.

/j