:: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Whee…
Góra strony
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Dla: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] OT: How do I keep my Wheezy from upgrading itself to Jessie?
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 01:53:09PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:30:57 -0400
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 09:27:57AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > While I wait for Dng to mature and become my daily driver OS, I'm
> > > continuing to limp along on Debian Wheezy initted by sysvinit. What
> > > I want to make sure of is that when I run apt-get update & apt-get
> > > upgrade that my computer doesn't try to convert itself to Jessie,
> > > because then I'd face a situation where I'd need to shut down my
> > > business and immediately convert to Manjaro OpenRC edition. I'd
> > > rather make an orderly transition to Dng, on my own timetable.
> > >
> > > So, anyone know how to prevent my Wheezy box from converting itself
> > > to Jessie?
> >
> > You edit /etc/apt/sources.lst and change *every* mention of
> > 'stable' to 'wheezy'.
> >
> > Do not do upgrades of any kind until you've made these changes.
> >
> > -- hendrik
>
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> It turns out that in my /etc/apt/sources.list (that's the exact name of
> the file on my box) everything was already marked "wheezy" instead of
> "stable" except:

> # ADDED BY SLITT FOR DOVECOT
> deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable dovecot
> deb-src http://www.backports.org/debian stable dovecot
>
> I don't remember why I found it necessary to put those in for Dovecot
> updates.
>
> Do you think I should I comment out those two deb statements, or change
> "stable" to "wheezy" on both of them?

Change stable to wheezy in both of them. It might not be an immediate
problem, becuse it may take a few days before anyone fids it necessary
to put something in jessie backports, but as it stands, you're asking
for jessie backkports. You can think of 'stable' as being a symbolic
link. It ised to point to wheezy; now it points to jessie.

--- hendrik