Til: asse.sauga
CC: System undo crew
Emne: Re: [unSYSTEM] educational proof of work

On 21/04/15 16:08, Asse Sauga wrote:
> Hello all, wanted to share and discuss with you one idea. We have
> really lot of very poor people around the world. But they have lot of
> free time and they are quite unwise too generally. Most of the people
> from Africa and Asia. What if we could figure out a way, how to use
> their time and resource for making work to verify proofs. And so that
> the work what they are doing are actually educational one. For example
> mathematical tasks which are logic and easy to verify. And we can
> motivate them with small amount of cryptocurrency for every successful
> task. Problem is, how to put those small tasks meant for educate
> people through cryptographical solutions to actual proof of work, what
> we can use to verify different transactions.
>
> With this kind of solution we could solve many problems same time -
> educational program for poor people and countries, earning money
> opportunity for poor people and much more green proof of work. All
> they need just smartphone, internet and time.
>
> What do you think? Do-able somehow?

My point of view is a bit different to yours. I am agree with your deep
idea (change this stupid world), but not really in your arguments...

1) Poor people doesn't have a lot of free time.

Did you stay some time, on any poor/battlefield country?. My experience,
in some of them, is that people spend so much time in things that you
have really near (or you take as obvious). They spend a lot of time on
they lifes searching for "normal" resources (such as: water, food,
housing, fire..etc)...

So, minimize that, is important to them, to try to go for another objetives.

2) First food, after maths.

Of course educational field is the most important, but I think that you
need take a look to the Maslow's Piramid[1] before, to understand why
maths doesn't work on some places.

3) Money don't solve problems.

This is a personal point of view, but I think that not all can be solve
by money. At some point, Internet is most useful (wifi access points,
networks, knowledge..).

To give money to people that is not correctly educated, or to people who
manage it for those, is a big error, because at middle or long time,
they will be corrupted.

If your idea is change the world with this: "All they need just
smartphone, internet and time.", sorry, but I think that your are living
in the; "Occidental Paradise Lie".

I think that cryptocurrencies are a first step for the Occident world to
change the economy, to try to don't explote to the people at poor
countries, but I don't see, maybe by the moment, how this can help to
people that hasn't electricity or other base things.

This people, because of ignorance, is falling again and again, on same
errors of the past, like for example, to trust to foreing people that
promises them things that never do. This companies, goverments and
individuals that who goes to their contries to expoliate their resources
with the excuse of give to them a better life. They take 10, and give 1
to them... Justice is really blind at poor contries. Almost, greek idea
of justice.

So, maybe is better to try to see how to finance (if you want to use
money), to the people that are fighting on batteflied, with resources,
with ideas, with information and, in some point as Ernesto Guevara Serna
("Che") said; with weapons.

[1] _ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs