:: Re: [Dng] Boot sequence: was vdev s…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Boot sequence: was vdev status update

Le 19/04/2015 16:44, Joerg Reisenweber a écrit :
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/initrd.txt might come in handy
> /j

     Thanks for the link, Joerg.

     Actually steps 1-5 are performed by the kernel at boot time. The
following is a suggestion; the author of the init program decides.

     I usually bundle an initramfs with the kernel, with just a short
list of files and the compilation process does it all for me. It is very
handy.

     The recent experience I was referring was witout initrd or ramdisk,
with the root file system  mounted right away on a flash memory. I had
the following init hooks:
     /linuxrc --> /bin/busybox
     /init, my script
     /sbin/init --> /bin/busybox

     And busybox init was executed, not my script.
     I moved my script to /sbin/init and got it executed.

     Didier