:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jude Nelson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Anto
Υ/ο: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
Hi Anto,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:

> On 18/04/15 19:46, Anto wrote:
>

>> Hello Jude,
>>
>> I have tried a lot other combinations but the problem remains, that is
>> the init fails to mount the root partition.
>>
>> I am not sure why as I can manually mount any disks that are available on
>> /dev at (initramfs) prompt. I had to do that in order to be able to copy
>> any logs into the disks or edit /etc/runlevel.conf to restore it. I also
>> tried to add kernel boot options "root=/dev/sda1 init=/sbin/init", but that
>> still does not help.
>>
>> The first error on initramfs.debug is "/init: line 1: mount_top: not
>> found". Please have a look on that initramfs.debug and its corresponding
>> dmesg output on
>> https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/initramfs_debug_logs.tar.gz.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anto
>>

> Hello Jude,
>
> Sorry for keep sending emails instead of sending them at once. I just
> thought it will be good to have comparison of the logs with the successful
> boot using udev. Please have a look on same set of the logs with udev on
> https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/udev_initramfs_debug_logs.tar.gz.

No worries :) I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look at this today (I've
been out of town all day). I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Would it be easier for you if I just went ahead and created an amd64 deb
for vdev? I would have to make it conflict with udev for now(*) since it
would need to prevent udev from running, but it seems like this is
acceptable for your current test machine.

Thanks,
Jude

(*) The tentative plan for the future would be to let you install any/all
device managers and pick the one that gets started at boot-time via the
alternatives system.