:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Anto
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jude Nelson
Kopio: dng@lists.dyne.org
Aihe: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
On 15/04/15 05:20, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hi Anto,
>

>     Don't you want to know my setup?

> Yes, eventually :) Â However, I don't want to waste your time either,
> at least until I am more confident that the vdev installation process
> works correctly.
>
>     Maybe there are some packages required by your vdev, but I don't
>     have them installed on my PC. Or maybe the kernel 3.18.10 that I
>     use require different treatment, so I need to use different kernel
>     version to test your vdev. I think knowing that could help you
>     troubleshoot the problem. I am really not sure the requirements to
>     properly test your vdev at this stage. So perhaps having the same
>     setup as your development environment could avoid any unnecessary
>     issues.

> Well, there is one thing, if you're not too busy and it's not too
> inconvenient for you. Vdev logs its early boot messages to
> /run/vdev/vdevd.boot.log. If you could capture that file and send it
> to me, that would not only help me understand your setup, but also why
> vdev is misbehaving.
>
> Better yet, from the initramfs shell, if you could run "vdevd -v2 -f
> -c /etc/vdev/vdevd.conf --once /dev > /tmp/vdev-debugging.log" and
> send me the contents of /tmp/vdev-debugging.log, that will not only
> populate /dev (assuming vdevd works correctly on that invocation), but
> also generate a lot of extra debugging information in
> /tmp/vdev-debugging.log that would help me diagnose the problem.
>
> No worries if you're too busy or have better things to do, though :)
>
> Thanks again,
> Jude

Hello Jude,

Let's just say that I am doing this egoistically all for myself. :) So I
will devote my time to test your vdev as much as I can.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the debugging log that you are after. Using
kernel 3.18.10 and 3.18.11, the keyboard was not being detected after it
got to the (initramfs) prompt, so I could not type anything. I managed
to execute the debugging command using kernel 3.2.0, but it didn't seem
to write the log to the /tmp directory. I think that is due the disk was
not detected. I could only capture the last messages using the camera of
my old mobile phone, so the quality is not good. Please have a look on
https://minifora.eu/public/devuan/vdev/vdev_debugging_15Apr15_3.jpg.

I am not sure if this would be relevant. I am using file-rc instead of
sysv-rc, so I didn't actually have any /etc/rc?.d directories. After the
installation of the "example", /etc/rcS.d directory and S02vdev link
under it got created. It could possibly be a problem later on, but I
think I will worry about that (add it into /etc/runlevel.conf) after the
boot process can reach it.

Cheers,

Anto