:: [Dng] Purpose of systemd-shim
Página Principal
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [Dng] Story: Debian Jessie laptop without systemd
Assunto: [Dng] Purpose of systemd-shim
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 06:39:29PM +0200, Franco Lanza wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 01:22:28PM +0200, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> >
> > systemd-shim is for when you *don't* want systemd.
>
> Yes, but cause of you have things that depend on components of systemd.
> We don't want systemd nor anything depending on components from systemd,
> so, we don't want the shim too.
>
> systemd-shim is for who don't want to have systemd in pid 1 but accept
> other systemd components. We don't want systemd at all.

Is this really true? Or is systemd to handle components that have
nothing to do with systemd except that they were, unfortunately,
developed on a system where they had to use systemd to access system
services that were formerly, and are elsewhere, handled by other, more
traditional means?

-- hendrik