:: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status up…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jude Nelson
À: Anto
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Fwd: [dng] vdev status update
Hi Anto,

> Don't you want to know my setup?

Yes, eventually :) However, I don't want to waste your time either, at
least until I am more confident that the vdev installation process works
correctly.

> Maybe there are some packages required by your vdev, but I don't have them
> installed on my PC. Or maybe the kernel 3.18.10 that I use require
> different treatment, so I need to use different kernel version to test your
> vdev. I think knowing that could help you troubleshoot the problem. I am
> really not sure the requirements to properly test your vdev at this stage.
> So perhaps having the same setup as your development environment could
> avoid any unnecessary issues.

Well, there is one thing, if you're not too busy and it's not too
inconvenient for you. Vdev logs its early boot messages to
/run/vdev/vdevd.boot.log. If you could capture that file and send it to
me, that would not only help me understand your setup, but also why vdev is
misbehaving.

Better yet, from the initramfs shell, if you could run "vdevd -v2 -f -c
/etc/vdev/vdevd.conf --once /dev > /tmp/vdev-debugging.log" and send me the
contents of /tmp/vdev-debugging.log, that will not only populate /dev
(assuming vdevd works correctly on that invocation), but also generate a
lot of extra debugging information in /tmp/vdev-debugging.log that would
help me diagnose the problem.

No worries if you're too busy or have better things to do, though :)

Thanks again,
Jude