:: [Dng] [me@katolaz.homeunix.net: Re:…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [Dng] [me@katolaz.homeunix.net: Re: Ubuntu 14.04, systemd by stealth]
I didn't realise I was replying only to Robert, and I believe it might
be still useful to somebody here, despite it has been already said
several times in the last few months.

My2Cents

KatolaZ

----- Forwarded message from KatolaZ <me@???> -----

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 21:56:52 +0100
From: KatolaZ <me@???>
To: Robert Storey <robert.storey@???>
Subject: Re: [Dng] Ubuntu 14.04, systemd by stealth

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 04:48:32AM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
> Hello all. As I've mentioned once or twice in the past, I'm currently
> running Ubuntu 14.04, which is not the latest release but is a "long-term
> support" release. It is/was systemd-free, which is the main reason why I've
> been running it. Previously, I was using Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE),
> which as the name implies, is based on Debian. However, an "upgrade"
> resulted in LMDE becoming systemd-infected, which is why I switched to
> Ubuntu.
>
> Well, guess what? This morning I click on the "software update" icon, and I
> see Ubuntu downloading first udev, followed by systemd-daemon. I quickly
> stopped the download before the virus could install. I rebooted, and
> checked, and I'm OK - no systemd installed. So I was saved at the last
> second.
>
> However, this sneaky "systemd by stealth" technique is now in Ubuntu, as it
> was in Debian Testing. It's getting harder and harder to avoid systemd.
>
> So no more "updates" for me. I'm at the end of the line for Ubuntu. Devuan
> cannot come soon enough!

You should still be able to avoid any stealth upgrade to systemd by
pinning systemd to -1, which is done e.g. by adding:

Package: systemd
Pin: origin ""
Pin-Priority: -1

in one of the files inside /etc/apt/preferences.d/ (just create one
called "systemd", if you don't have any, and then put that stuff in
there).

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]

----- End forwarded message -----