:: Re: [Dng] Story: Debian Jessie lapt…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Anto
À: dng
Nouveaux-sujets: [Dng] Live ISO's (Jessie with no systemd)
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Story: Debian Jessie laptop without systemd
On 11/04/15 19:05, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Op 10-04-15 om 19:14 schreef Anto:
>
>> Hello Paul,
>>
>> I understand your pain as I have been there.
>>
>> I managed to have everything working with Debian jessie without any
>> packages containing "*systemd*".
> I don't think this is a good for systemd-shim.

I don't want to use any packages which are built due to systemd like
systemd-shim, systemd-sysv, init-system-helpers, etc. I don't want to
see anything containing and related to systemd. Not on the output of
dmesg, not on any files or folders, basically not anywhere on my PC.

>> I also used XFCE 4.10, lightdm and wicd
>> to manage the connection to my WiFi and LAN. For XFCE issue with suspend
>> and hibernate,
> It's also about shutdown.

Yes. Shutdown button is active as well. So when I used XFCE 4.10 with
the packages that I suggested, I could see the same buttons on the Log
Out options like on my current XFCE 4.8 now
https://minifora.eu/public/images/xfce_v4.8_logout_options.png.

>> I had it working by using xfce4-power-manager package
>> including some of its related packages and dependencies from
>> http://angband.pl/debian/dists/nosystemd/.
>>
>> However, a few weeks ago I downgraded my PC to Debian wheezy. I thought
>> it is safer to use it before switching to Devuan, instead of using the
>> packages from Debian jessie which a lot of them are dependent on
>> systemd. I think it is very likely that a lot of other packages will be
>> made dependent on systemd in the near future. So my PC is now using the
>> packages from Debian wheezy and wheezy-backports. It was quite a pain to
>> downgrade all necessary packages like downgrading glibc 2.19 to 2.13. Of
>> course I can only use XFCE 4.8 because of this.
> Downgrading is not easy with Debian.

It was indeed hard but it is very far from impossible, as I managed to
do that under an hour.

>> About Synaptic, I only use it for easy searching for packages. But for
>> package installation and upgrade, I usually use apt-get as I thought it
>> is safer.
> I don't use Synaptic, but many of my customers do.
>
> For easy searching I use the webinterface.
>
>> In any case, I think administration type of packages like
>> Synaptic, GParted, etc., must only be executed with root privilege. So
>> they should be launched with gksu in desktop. For Synaptic for instance,
>> what I did was to copy /usr/share/applications/synaptic.desktop into
>> ~/.local/share/applications, and then edit it to change
>> "Exec=synaptic-pkexec" into "Exec=gksu synaptic".
> Ah, thanks. That's a good idea.

You are welcome.