:: Re: [Dng] fontawesome icon fix!
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Go Linux
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng, David Harrison
Aihe: Re: [Dng] fontawesome icon fix!
On Sat, 4/11/15, David Harrison <david@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Dng] fontawesome icon fix!
To: dng@???
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 7:16 AM

On 11/04/2015 13:00, dng-request@??? wrote:

> Because I never want to see a serif font EVER and because I prefer to
> see the same font used on every site that I visit. Makes browsing more
> peaceful.
>
>> OK, so we get to the end of a long debate about how tricksy this forum
>> site is, only to find that your custom browser preferences are what
>> affects rendering.
>>
>> If you tweak your browser settings to force a certain effect, and that
>> interferes with a site's css, there's a certain "on your own head be it"
>> caveat to be derived.
>>
>> It's simply impossible to design a site/css that has any non-vanilla
>> formatting at all to cater to every possible taste and, putting it
>> bluntly, font prejudice.
>>
>> With respect, Golinux, this sounds a lot to me like "not my idea, so
>> I'll shout it down".
>>
>> Dave H

My motivations are not the point, The ability to specify fonts has been a preference feature of every browser I have ever used. So I'm sure that I'm not the only one experiencing broken awesomefonts all over the web. There may even be some font tweakers on this list. Dunno. Until the mozilla fixes their UI to accommodate these stupid icon fonts in conjunction with the font preference option, there is now a temporary fix - at least for Firefox. All I'm doing is sharing it. :)

golinux