:: Re: [Dng] fontawesome icon fix!
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Go Linux
À: dng@lists.dyne.org, Anto
Sujet: Re: [Dng] fontawesome icon fix!

On Fri, 4/10/15, Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Dng] fontawesome icon fix!
To: "dng@???" <dng@???>
Date: Friday, April 10, 2015, 3:14 PM

On 10/04/15 21:36, Go Linux wrote:
>> In firefox/iceweasel preferences, untick the 'Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above' and see >> what happens. That prevents the icons from rendering.
>>
>> golinux
>
> I understand now what the problem is. Sorry that I am a bit slow :)
>
> But why would you do that?

Because I never want to see a serif font EVER and because I prefer to see the same font used on every site that I visit. Makes browsing more peaceful.

> Of course the fonts that are being provided
> or linked by the web sites will not be rendered as that option prevents
> it unless you install something on your PC to allow it, like installing
> Stylish plugins for Firefox shown in the solution that you pointed out.

That is not a plugin. It is a userstyle which consists of a few lines of css. Over the years, I've created well over 100 different styles for websites that I frequent. For some it is major surgery including code amputations. Yes, I'm obsessive about seeing the web my way. Just like I'm obsessive about having a DE my way. ;)

> But this becomes interesting. I have not used that kind of plugins as I
> don't see the point in using them. Would that plugins also render the
> web fonts from the web sites that are using for instance
> http://www.google.com/fonts or
> http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/hot_web?

Specifying a font in preference disables all native fonts on websites and that would include google fonts. Only the font you choose would be used. That css style fix allows you to use the font of your choice and also see the awesomefont icons on firefox/iceweasel. Might be frustrating to know that you are ultimately not in control of the look of your site. But thankfully the user still has the final say.