:: Re: [Dng] dev-list
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] dev-list
On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:09:55 -0700
Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 4/7/15, Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@???> wrote:
>
> Subject: Re: [Dng] dev-list
> To: "dng" <Dng@???>
> Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 2:19 PM
>
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Martijn Dekkers
> <devuan-list1@???> wrote:
> > I know this has come up a few times in the past, but I would really
> > like to see a dev specific list, with some strict "dev-only" rules.
>
> I disagree, this will mean the devs will self-segregate and tend to
> ignore users.
> Having "both camps" in the same list evens each other out.

> Good point. But I thought the reason for the suggestion was because
> of the amount of fairly useless chatter on this list that the devs
> have to wade through. (Honestly, it annoys me too.) If there is a
> -dev list, I would sign up to see what's happening but it's unlikely
> I would participate because I'm not really qualified to do so.
>
> golinux

I agree with nuno in that segregating leads to disconnect. Like that
which we saw recently in the Debian community.

I agree with golinux that there's been too much chatter with too much
heat. I'll try very hard to keep my responses to hot topics and/or
settled law offlist, and if necessary, simply filter to /dev/null those
who repeatedly tempt me to negatively impact the list.

And I'm sorry for the part I played in the recent hot topic, and will
redouble my efforts to stay out of stuff like that.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28