:: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too m…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: T.J. Duchene, dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too much complicated : systemd
hi T.J.

On 6 April 2015 01:37:23 CEST, "T.J. Duchene" <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:
> Fortunately, the Linux equivalents are user
>account
>based rather than system wide and can easily be cloned, modified, or if
>necessary dumped.

are you sure about this? every time I tried to port my desktop settings in
gconf to new installation I did not succeed, they were hardly portable across
different versions. Maybe is just me, however the flat file hierarchy that Jude
mentions, a'la /sys and /proc, should be considered the "UNIX way", with the
big advantage of inheriting filesystem operations like mount -o bind etc.

ciao