:: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too m…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: Martijn Dekkers
CC: dng, T.J. Duchene
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too much complicated : systemd
On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 11:46:45AM +0300, Martijn Dekkers wrote:
> > What really puzzles me is why if you love systemd that much you just
> > continue arguing about systemd on the ML of a Debian fork specifically
> > born to throw systemd away. Do you think you might be able to convince
> > us that systemd is *good* and *beautiful* and *necessary*? I don't
> > want to be saved, thanks ;)
> >

> Looks to me like he isn't arguing for systemd, but he is just discussing
> systems designs and implementation. Also looks to me like he is simply
> keeping an open mind, and not getting swept away in hate either way....

...while I am getting swept away in hate? :) I admit I like very much
your point about some of the systemd-nonsense tolls being potentially
useful and interesting.

What I don't like is that fact that these interesting bits are just
part of a monolithic, messy, obscure, hard-to-maintain and hard-to-use
spaghetti-implementation that openly targets at managing the whole
system. And (call me paranoid) I don't like the fact that the
development of the systemd-nonsense is effectively led by RedHat, who
has a lot of interest in having "one ring to rule them all", and is
managed by people who answer "troll" and "wontfix" to questions and
bug reports, in line with the worst commercial-Unix policies of the
late eighties. We have been freed once from such nonsense, so why
should we come back?

IMHO, there is no wonderful bag of technical novelties which can
justify a flawed design, incarnated in a flawed implementation,
pursued for flawed aims by a bunch of people who effectively act and
behave like they have the right answer for everithing, while the rest
is just garbage. Call this "hate" if this let you feel any better :)

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]