:: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too m…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Too many man pages, too much complicated : systemd
The next version of my program, UMENU, will operate just that way.
Nothing but files and directories. I was originally thinking of using
Yaml, which I like a lot, but decided there might be situations where
requiring a Yaml parser would be prohibitive. And I'm betting that
because of the way I'm building it, pulling up any menu of any depth
will be lightning quick. The original UMENU required "compiling" of an
EMDL (Easy Menu Definition File) into .mdl (Menu Definition Language)
files, in order to achieve speed compatible with a touch typist.

The current menu is a wonderful program with horrible deployment
problems, so that less than 100 people worldwide use it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28