:: Re: [Dng] Devuan's release date ?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Devuan's release date ?
On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 22:00:49 +0200
Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:

> I agree that we need to have good documentations to minimise
> mistakes. But without a good base for the documentations, I don't
> think it is worth to start writing them now. It will make sense to
> write Devuan documentations after it is being released and stabilised.

I'd say concurrently with the distro release. So many perceived
technical problems are really documentation problems or lack of
documentation. If we'd always had good documentation, silly "intuitive"
user interfaces that really simply mimic human ambiguity (Gnome, Unity)
would not have happened.

See this Debian-User thread, where a new user was rudely RTFMed because
he didn't check Google after not finding the info in Debian docs:

After being given a snarky remark with a "Let Me Google That For You",
the OP asked the most pertinent question: "So is Google manditory for
use of Debian now?"

Long before the Linux kernel existed, there was this cultural belief
that if you can't use a sparse and ambiguous man page, you're just not
a man. In my opinion, this is wrong, documentation should not be an
afterthought, and if you're going to write software and hope for folks
ot use it, you'd better make sure there's adequate, readable, and
unambiguous documentation.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting