Til: dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] Devuan's release date ?

On 05/04/15 21:06, Steve Litt wrote:
> Pilots have flown thousands of flights, so why do they still use
> pre-flight checklists?

I don't think this is a good analogy.

Pre-flight check-lists down to the bolts and nuts of the planes of are
mandatory because a lot of human life depend on them. It is necessary
to have very detail documents for Linux if it would be used on the super
computers controlling the launch of nuclear bombs. But no human life has
evidently lost because of somebody didn't properly install Linux on a
regular PC, except perhaps his/her own life if he/she decided to commit
suicide after failing to install Linux. :)

> Answer: Because everyone's human, and having good docs minimizes
> mistakes.
>

> SteveT

I agree that we need to have good documentations to minimise mistakes.
But without a good base for the documentations, I don't think it is
worth to start writing them now. It will make sense to write Devuan
documentations after it is being released and stabilised.

Cheers,

Anto