:: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I a…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Wim
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Another reason of why I am considering Devuan
Hi Marc,

P2P dns springs to mind. But it seems to have no recent development...

https://github.com/Mononofu/P2P-DNS
http://sourceforge.net/projects/p2pdns/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtdnsp2p/
http://qtdnsp2p.sourceforge.net/

You could also have a look at MaidSafe, for P2P cloud storage and currency.
http://maidsafe.net/
https://forum.safenetwork.io/
It's not dns per sé, but it has a lot of interesting stuff. And a small
open and dedicated community. Development by a well funded Scottish company.

Also, NameCoin, CryptoCoin and other virtual currencies seem to have P2P
dns buitl-in:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_DNS_root#NameCoin_P2P_DNS

Let's also not forget that names.space is still suing ICANN:
https://rally.org/namespace.

Cheers,

Wim