:: Re: [Dng] What do you guys think ab…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Go Linux
To: dng, Anto
Betreff: Re: [Dng] What do you guys think about "Suggest" and "Recommends" dependency?
On Fri, 4/3/15, Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Friday, April 3, 2015, 11:28 AM

On 03/04/15 01:53, hellekin wrote:
> Oh, did I just announce the Devuan forum?

You did! And I just registered myself there.

The login form seems to support the synchronisation with Gitlab account,
which I also already registered a few months back. But I got nginx 404
error when I clicked on "with Gitlab".

Yes, hellekin put in a monumental effort to get the forum up and running. Kudos to him for his contribution! Unfortunately, the icon rendering is locked in to the font. I posted about this over at Mozillazine - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2925899 patrickjdempsey's statement sums up the problem nicely:

"At this time there is no way to force websites to use a specific font and also have these kinds of icons appear. I've personally been attempting to find a way to make a CSS hack for that and it appears that the way that web fonts have been implemented is so incredibly stupid and shortsighted that it's not possible to work around. I'm not even sure who to blame for the stupidity of the implementation... it's just bad all around."

Ironic that a distribution which is based on the user's freedom to choose, would utilize a font that denies a user the option to chose their preferred font on the web. I'm not happy about this and It will probably keep me from participating in the forum . . .

golinux