:: Re: [Dng] What about pulseaudio, av…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Isaac Dunham
À: Joel Roth
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] What about pulseaudio, avahi, ... ?
On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 09:27:36AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 07:28:27PM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 07:15:38AM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> > >On my system, reverse depends for pulseaudio shows such
> > >packages as mpg123, which shouldn't have an opinion about
> >
> > But mpg123 neither depends on nor recommends pulseaudio. It only suggests
> > pulseaudio together with jackd, alsa-utils and other packages.
>
> Yes that is only a "suggests" relationship, so not a
> good example. Funny tho, it shows up as a reverse depends
> listed by apt-cache showpkg.
>
> initramfs-tools-tcos, OTOH, recommends pulseaudio.

For what it's worth, this makes sense to me. (Not that I like Pulse!)

initramfs-tools-tcos is about setting up an initramfs for a thin client...
which means that any audio programs will be running on the server,
while the user is at the thinclient.
In order for the user to get sound, they will need to have pulseaudio
or another network sound daemon running, and NAS isn't really active
anymore.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham