:: Re: [Dng] What about pulseaudio, av…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Joel Roth
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] What about pulseaudio, avahi, ... ?
On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 01:47:17PM +0300, Jack L. Frost wrote:
> > devuan is not about depoetterizing, it's about freedom of choice. Since
> > systemd deprives user from his freedom to choose init system (and a lot of
> > other subsystems) it has to go. For the rest devuan doesn't care - as long as
> > it doesn't as well introduce conflicts with alternative packages.
>
> My point exactly. Pulse is completely optional.

Well, there is still a problem with dependencies
created by a Suggests or Recommends, combined with a
policy that automatically installs those packages.

On my system, reverse depends for pulseaudio shows such
packages as mpg123, which shouldn't have an opinion about
which audio system you use, and initramfs-tools-tcos, which
appears to have no connection with audio at all.

--
Joel Roth