:: Re: [Dng] What about pulseaudio, av…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Joerg Reisenweber
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] What about pulseaudio, avahi, ... ?
On Thu 02 April 2015 13:09:41 Jack L. Frost wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 09:25:00PM +0200, toto titi wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> > and thank you to all of you for this fork.
> > Do you plan to get rid of pulseaudio and avahi as well, or do you just
> > focus on systemd ?
>
> What are your problems with pulse being in the repos? It doesn't force
> dependencies on itself and works fine without systemd.

Always same misconception
devuan is not about depoetterizing, it's about freedom of choice. Since
systemd deprives user from his freedom to choose init system (and a lot of
other subsystems) it has to go. For the rest devuan doesn't care - as long as
it doesn't as well introduce conflicts with alternative packages.

Maybe we can discuss the *defaults* devuan suggests during installation time,
but afaik that's not a topic for now, simply because of priority and workload
vs available manpower.
toto titi: Feel free to create "NoLen Linux" based on devuan, that's what
devuan is made for. I'm eagerly waiting for such NoLen distro :-) Saves me
some time during installation.

/j