:: Re: [Dng] Devuan philosohy
Página Inicial
Autor: Joerg Reisenweber
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] Devuan philosohy

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson in http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-September/023294.html asks:
> Now after you have read these more of an guidelines than actual
> philosophy I would like to hear from you where you think systemd has and
> is falling short of them during it's development phase and lifetime so I
> can better understand why people seem to be claiming it's not following
> these guidelines?

I think it's more easy to list where systemd (the project) is _not_ failing:

and just maybe also on #12 (unlikely), #14, #15 - I didn't feel like checking
just to complete the already overwhelming list of failures. I wonder how
anybody could fail to see how systemd massively violates particularly #6 but
also #1 #2 #5 and just recently #10 (8.8.8.8 issue).

In the end the tone and obvious hybris and arrogance in that mail make it
seem unlikely that answering to this guy would result in anything good. I mean
somebody claiming that "7 years of function hijacking are hard to beat by any
competitor that's just a init system" (paraphrased) is clearly explaining the
issue itself as well as exposing his own complete lack to grok the issue.
There's a lot more to say about other fallacies in this mail, but I think
everybody willing to see will not need me to point all that out.

/j