:: [Dng] This has GOT to be an April F…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Nate Bargmann
Aan: Devuan project
Onderwerp: [Dng] This has GOT to be an April Fools joke
Is this really happening?

> Now it appears as though the systemd developers have found a solution
> to kernel compatibility problems and a way to extend their philosophy
> of placing all key operating system components in one
> repository. According to Ivan Gotyaovich, one of the developers
> working on systemd, the project intends to maintain its own fork of
> the Linux kernel. "There are problems, problems in collaboration,
> problems with compatibility across versions. Forking the kernel gives
> us control over these issues, gives us control over almost all key
> parts of the stack."

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20150330#community

Our proximity to April 1 makes me wonder, but still...

While there are several quotes in the article from one Ivan Gotyaovich,
I don't see any links to said quotes which leaves me a bit skeptical of
the veracity of the article. However, the link to GitHub looks very
much like a kernel source tree, but I'm not certain that it is an
official repository.

Before anyone takes this too seriously a bit more research needs to be
done as we are very close to the date that an elaborate ruse is
plausible, at least for us in the USA.

- Nate