:: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: T.J. Duchene
A: 'KatolaZ', dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] [dng] vdev status update and milestone

> If something goes wrong somewhere and X11 segfaults (which I think does
> not happen more than once in a few decades, at least with the stable

version
> of Xorg), then we might complain and make a fuss, but in the end is not

that
> big deal. Having systemd as PID 1 segfaulting is a completely different

story,
> and blaming other libraries does not help systemd acquiring more

credibility.
> PID1 *cannot* segfault, or we are just back to the dark days of BSODs.
> Fullstop.

[T.J. ] That's fine. =)

I only meant that glibc and GCC are far from flawless and which may cause
problems with software that is built with them. I have personally seen
C/C++ code segfault on Linux simply because a single line (having nothing to
do with anything other than standard C/C++ libraries) was written one way
over another, when both ways should have worked. I apologize the commentary
is not specific enough for some, it has been a number of years since the
last instance, and I do not remember the exact code. It might have been on
an Alpha processor if that matters - perhaps it was x86. I have not worked
with anything besides X64 now for some time, hence why I do not remember the
specifics.

As for my mentioning realloc and C99, you are certainly welcome to look that
up to see what the general state of things are.

In fact, I will go so far as to publicly withdraw my comments as too
generalized, and save anyone else the trouble. I have absolutely no more
time to waste on the topic, and I do not think that it is fair to anyone
else to spend any more time on this either.

T.J.