:: Re: [Dng] Dng Digest, Vol 6, Issue …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: David Harrison
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Dng Digest, Vol 6, Issue 89
On 25/03/2015 12:00, dng-request@??? wrote:
> That's so true, Clarke! This systemd debacle increased by an order of
> magnitude the Linux users who understand the underpinnings of the
> system and are prepared to take control. This is a Renaissance in the
> Linux community. Well, except for Debian:-)

Amen, Steve. For a recent Linux convert it was horrific to see its
advantages -- choice of core components, text log files, do one thing
well, (almost) everything's a file, and so on -- being flushed away with
a single tug at the systemd chain. It felt like arriving at a party only
to discover it finished last week :)

The Devuan announcement forced me to read more seriously about Linux
than before. As an embryonic "daily user"/admin I look forward to Devuan
being discussed far and wide as a definitive base distro, and to seeing
it as a default choice on cloud systems, single board computers, and
elsewhere.

To these slightly informed eyes, Devuan appears to be becoming far more
than a Debian fork. I'd bet that some of its new tools and subsystems
will find wider acceptance in other distros.

Right now though, hats off to Jude for vdev and to everyone here who
works for the greater good.

Linux is looking up again.

David H, a.k.a. FlibberTGibbet